The Deacon’s Cupboard is a highly visible expression of our outreach work in our immediate parish area.
Our mission statement:
The Deacon’s Cupboard is a program offered at St. Peter’s Church Erindale. It is open to all, offering practical, emotional and spiritual support when needed, in a warm, friendly and compassionate environment. The practical needs include food offered on a voucher basis.
What makes us different from other food banks:
- We have a Minister on duty each Wednesday
- We have a nurse on staff each Wednesday
- Our guests may choose their own food.
- We have a community board with postings for jobs and other useful information for our guests.
Our sponsoring churches are:
St. Peter’s Anglican, Erindale United, Erindale Presbyterian, St. Thomas a Becket Anglican and Erin Mills United.
Donations of food are available to those who come seeking aid for themselves and their families. The dedicated volunteers who staff the Deacon’s Cupboard also share fellowship and conversation over a welcome cup of coffee or glass of juice.
You can assist our work here with:
- your time to help us organize
- your presence when the Deacon’s Cupboard is open
- donations of non-perishable food items
- ability to shop on Tuesday late afternoon or evening
- ability to lift and help out
- areas of Hospitality
- Shopping room assistance
The Deacon’s Cupboard is open to the community Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
In December, the Cupboard will be open on December 2, 9 and 16. We will re-open on Wednesday, January 6, 2021.
We serve guests from neighborhoods with the following postal codes: L5B, L5C, L5H, L5K, L5J and L5L.
Snow Policy: When Mississauga school buses are cancelled the cupboard does NOT open.
We are always looking for new volunteers to join our team.
For more information contact Belinda Morrow & Linda Leeder.
They can be reached at the church (905-828-2095) at ext. 64.