The Parish Choir sings weekly at our 11 am traditional service. This choir of adults of all ages strives for a higher purpose in music. With a songbook that spans the 13th century to the 21st century, and several languages, this choir is the core of our performance choir.
Rehearsals are Thursday evenings at 7:30 pm – 10 pm. Rehearsal attendance is required to be a chorister in this choir. Choristers are regularly called upon to be part of Concerts and Outreach Services within the Toronto area. This choir does have a very high commitment level but is very rewarding.If you are interested in finding out more about being part of this choir, contact the church office.
- Thursday Feb 21st – sinf for Confirmation
- Confirmation onThursday, Feb 21st
- Sunday, Feb 17th – price Adults $7.00, Children & Seniors $5.00, Family $20.00
- Pancake Supper on Tuesday, Mar 5th from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tickets available
- Ash (sung service) on Wednesday, Mar 6th at 7:00pm
- Palm Sunday Concert on Sunday, Apr 12th at 4:00pm – watch for music list – no tickets just “Give What You Can”. Suggested offering $20.00
- Maundy on Thursday, Apr 18th at 7:00pm sung
- Good Friday on Apr 19th at 11:00am – sung
- Easter onSunday, Apr 21st at 11:00am – sung
- Last Night of the PROMS on Saturday, Jun 1st at 7:00pm – ticket prices tbd
The Choirs of St. Peter’s have been privileged to sing in Cathedrals across Ontario, including St. James Cathedral in downtown Toronto, and Christ Church Cathedral in Ottawa. These trips promote and encourage choristers to learn and experience large works of music not normally performed at St. Peter’s. In August of 2007 the Choristers of St. Peter’s Erindale traveled to the United Kingdom and spent 10 days singing in Lincoln Cathedral and Southwark Cathedralm with a performance in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
Voice for Life
The choral foundation for both choirs at St. Peter’s Erindale is based on the Royal School of Church Music’s “Voice for Life” Program. Taught weekly as a regular part of our rehearsal time, the Voice for Life program enriches each chorister’s understanding of good choral techniques, what it means to be a member of the choir, theory and more.